Monday, June 28, 2010
Dyer Dhow, bottom paint and topsides
After sanding the old paint off the dinghy, I did a final cleaning with Interlux 202. I then painted the bottom with Interlux no sand primer, thinking that this hopefully will be the last time I sand as much as I did. I then put on a coat of Interlux bottomkote paint.
For the topsides, I used a quart of Interlux Brightside, but first primed with Interlux Pre-Kote.
For the oak rails and seats that I replaced with white oak, I used a 50/50 turpentine/boiled linseed oil mix. I stuck with the Interlux line and did all the prep work more for the experience of working with the products, and learning the process. After the painting was 'done', and the seats were in, I took her for a test row.. Unfortunately, I still have some leaks! It looks like around the rear skeg and where the dagger board used to drop I still have some small leaks that will require some fiberglass attention!
Posted by g michael amante at 11:13 PM
Labels: boats, dhow, dyer, gloucester
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment